HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS MOST SPIRITED FAN CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Fort Collins ColoradoanHigh School Sports Most Spirited Fan Contest (the “Contest”) is open to people who are nominated (each a “Nominee”) who meet the following requirements:
(a) legal U.S. resident of Colorado,
(b) at least 13 years or older as of the date of nomination,
(c) a full-time student at one of the following high schools in Northern Colorado: Berthoud, Campion, Dayspring Christian, Eaton, Estes Park, Fort Collins, Fossil Ridge, Frontier Academy, Greeley Central, Greeley West, Heritage Christian, Highland, Liberty Common, Loveland, Mountain View, Northridge, Poudre, Resurrection Christian, Rocky Mountain, Roosevelt, Thompson Valley, Union Colony, University, or Windsor.
An individual who meets the above requirements may nominate him or herself. Self-nominators under the age of 18 (Minors) must have parental consent as part of their entry.
People who wish to submit a nomination for a nominee (each a “Nominator”) must be the parent or legal guardian of the Nominee and a legal U.S. resident.
3. How ToEnter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. (local time) on October 23, 2015, and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on November 18, 2015, (the “Contest Period”). Enter by completing an Official Registration Form, available at http://noconow.co/spiritedfans with all required information, including an original photo of the Nominee dressed as a “spirited fan” of his/her high school, an explanation of why the Nominee should be the Most Spirited Fan (200 word limit), and following all posted instructions. Click on the Submission link to complete nomination. All photos must be the sole, original work of the Nominator. Limit one (1) nomination per Nominee. All nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. (local time) on November 6, 2015. Multiple submissions by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg and tiff. The photo should be cropped as the submitting photographer prefers. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Nominator must own the photo or have the right to submit the photo as an entry
Multiple nominees are not permitted to share the same email address. Nominations that do not comply with the provisions of these Official Rules will be disqualified. All nominations become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Nominators and nominees acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, or otherwise display or use nominations in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to nominators or nominees. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any nomination that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By submitting a nomination, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor. Sponsor has the right to reject submissions based on missing information, inappropriate content, duplicate submissions, or any other reason deemed necessary. Photos submitted with nominations will be approved by Sponsor prior to posting on the Contest website.
4. Winner Selection. Voting of the approved photo submissions will be open to anyone who is 13 years or older. Voting period will begin at 12:00 a.m. (local time) on November 10, 2015 and end at 11:59 p.m. (local time) on November 18, 2015. Limit one (1) vote per person. The photo with the highest cumulative votes will be designated the “Winner”. In the event of a tie for winner, the winner will be randomly selected from the two nominees who are tied. However, Sponsor reserves the right to make final decision on Winner and all decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. The Winner will be notified on or about November 23, 2015.
5. Award and Odds. The Winner and (1) guest will be invited to the local High School Sports Awards Banquet on May 17, 2016, put on by The Coloradoan, during which the Winner will be announced and presented with a certificate for being named the Coloradoan’s “High School Sports Most-Spirited Fan.” Odds of being a Winner depend on the number of eligible nominees and votes received.
6. Finalist and Winner Notification and Acceptance. Sponsor will contact the parent or legal guardian of Winner and provide information about the High School Sports Awards Banquet at which the Winner will be announced. Students, parents, or legal guardians who are not able to be reached within five (5) business days may be disqualified and another winning entry may be chosen at the discretion of the Sponsor. Finalists may waive their right to be eligible as a Winner and presented with an award. Finalists may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that they have complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Finalist’s disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the award to a substitute Finalist. Except where prohibited, acceptance of being a Finalist constitutes Finalist’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation, on the Internet, and without further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, nominators and nominees agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award a Winner based on the votes received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the nominator. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of nominations, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any nominations or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each nominator and nominee grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the nominator’s submitted nomination, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each nominator and nominee further agrees that if his/her entry is selected as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The ColoradoanHigh School Sports Most Spirited Fan Contest is sponsored by The Coloradoan. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of Finalists and the Winner (available after November 23, 2015) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Madeline Novey, Re: The Coloradoan High School Sports Most Spirited Fan Contest, 1300 Riverside Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80526. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://noconow.co/spiritedfans or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Madeline Novey, Re: The Coloradoan High School Sports Most Spirited Fan Contest, 1300 Riverside Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80526. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Madeline Novey at [email protected]