PBCC cites present circumstances and security concerns of Pakistani nationals in India as reason to pull out of Cup
In the wake of recent threats by Shiv Sena against Pakistani actors, singers and lately the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials, the national blind cricket team has refused to participate in the 2016 Asia Cricket Cup for the Blind which was schedule to be held in India.
“Pakistan Blind Cricket Council (PBCC), due to present circumstances and security concerns of Pakistani nationals in India, decided to pull out Pakistan Blind Cricket Team from Asia Cup Cricket for the Blind; which is schedule to be held in Kochi (India) from January 17 to 24, 2016,” read a media release by the PBCC.
Shahryar Khan disappointed by BCCI’s attitude
“Shiv Sena’s attack on Board of Control of Cricket in India headquarter, causing cancellation of PCB chairman’s meeting with BCCI president, threatening Aleem Dar from officiating in the last two India-South Africa ODIs and the decision of ICC to send Aleem back on security concerns compels us to consider the matter of Pakistan’s team security seriously.”
The media release further expressed dejection on part of the PBCC, saying the Pakistan team had been preparing day and night for the event.
Pakistan to push for T20 World Cup out of India
“Pakistan Blind Cricket Council had started the preparation of the said event, team was also shortlisted, but the current scenario all of a sudden changed the circumstances.”
PBCC has informed officially the Cricket Association of the Blind in India (CABI) that Pakistan Blind Cricket Team will not take part in the event.
India hesitant to play against Pakistan: Shahryar Khan
Earlier, Pakistan’s Foreign Office also said it will launch a diplomatic offensive against New Delhi and seek change of venue for the upcoming International Cricket Council’s World T20 tournament scheduled to be played in India next year in the wake of security threats posed by Hindu extremist groups.