This four-week programme can help you with insomnia and debilitating skin issues
Having a sweet tooth no longer spells failure for a weight loss programme as a new diet plan lets you eat dessert and lose those extra pounds.
An Australian woman Deborah Schipper has made everyone’s life easier with her new Cake Cleanse programme. ”I had a number of really serious health issues, including extreme eczema, dermatitis and debilitating insomnia, and it just spiralled from there,” the 40-year-old told Daily Mail.
Read: It’s not you who needs a detox, it’s your fridge
“I wasn’t getting answers and I knew I would have to put in a lot of effort with it so I started really looking into my diet,” she added.
But there was one problem. “I love sweets and I knew I could never give them up,” she said.
To satisfy her sweet cravings, Deborah created a four-week Cake Cleanse programme. Her recipe book allows dieters to eat nutritious mud cakes, cupcakes, brownies and other sweet treats every day.
Read: 3 easy recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth
“It’s all about a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner but it’s also about bad foods turned good – so it has things like pancakes as well that are actually really good for you,” she said.
“I would say that since eating this way my skin issues and my insomnia are 90 per cent better. I’m happier, have more energy and look forward to every single day and I never have to worry about my weight again,” she added.
Deborah further revealed that you can have cake for breakfast and be healthy. “With the mug cakes you can have them in the morning for breakfast and you are full until lunch time,” she said.
Read: What your cravings reveal about your health
All recipes in the book are backed by Sydney nutritionist Jennifer May.
Here are two quick recipes straight out of Deborah’s book:
1) Healthy cookies and cream cups:
• 6 dates, pitted
• 30ml/1.0fl oz light coconut milk
• 80g/2.8oz desiccated coconut
• 2 tsp cacao powder
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 600g/21.2oz low fat Greek Yogurt
1. Line a tray with baking parchment paper.
2. Add the dates and coconut milk to the food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
3. Add the desiccatedcoconut, cacao powder, salt, and vanilla and blend until combined and crumbly.
4. Spoon out a teaspoon even each time and press firmly with hands to form mini cookies.
5. Place on the tray in the fridge and allow to set for at least an hour.
6. Place 150 grams each (1 serving) of Greek yogurt into 4 cups or small bowls, dunk cookies and sprinkle crumbles over the yogurt.
2) Healthy memory mug cakes:
• ½ very ripe banana
• 1 egg
• 3 Tbsp light coconut milk
• 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 Tbsp coconut flour
• ½ Tbsp granulated stevia
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 12 blueberries
1. Grease a large microwave proof mug.
2. In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth and add the egg, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk together and with a fork.
3. Add the coconut flour, stevia, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix well.
4. Stir in the blueberries and pour the mixture into the cup.
5. Microwave for 1½ minutes.
6. Enjoy directly from the mug or tip upside down onto a plate.
The Cake Cleanse recipe book and nutrition program is also available online.