David Weisfeld really didn’t have to worry.
The Hudson National member closed out the Westchester Golf Association’s Mid-Amateur Championship with a 5-over 77 on Thursday at GlenArbor Golf Club, but he came into the final round with plenty of wiggle room. He came in with a seven-shot cushion and won by three over Shorehaven member D.J. Trimboli who shot a 72.
Weisfeld did the hard work 24 hours earlier, shooting a tournament-best, 6-under 66 in Round 1. The Scarsdale native was the only player in the field under par, finishing with a 1-under total of 143.
There was a three-way tie for third between Peter Chin, Philip Mintz and Patrick Pierson.
WGA Mid-Amateur Championship
At GlenArbor Golf Club – par 72
1. David Weisfeld, Hudson National,66-77-143
2. Tj Trimboli, Shorehaven GC, 74-72-146
3. Peter Chin, Van Cortlandt Park, 79-70-149
3. Philip Mintz, Century CC, 75-74-149
3. Patrick Pierson, Minisceongo GC, 74-75-149
6. Dan O’Callaghan, Bedford Golf & Tennis, 73-77-150
7. Richard Feldman, Centennial GC, 76-76-152
7. Greg Coleman, Pelham CC, 74-78-152
9. Bart Weissman, Sterling Farms GC, 77-76-153
10. James Romaniello, Shorehaven GC, 77-77-154