Ludhianwala police said they had seized the bodies and sent them for post-mortem examination
FAISALABAD: Two men died from an electric shock on Thursday from high-voltage wires placed around a field. A police spokesperson told journalists that Zulfiqar and Iqbal, residents of Chak 534-GB, were trying to take away Mian Rafiq’s goats from his dera in Chakko Mor. They were crossing a field where the farmer had installed high-voltage wires to ‘keep away animals’ when they received an electric shock. Police said the stolen goats were safe. Residents of the area gathered at the field and identified the men as residents of Chak 534-GB. Ludhianwala police said they had seized the bodies and sent them for post-mortem examination.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 16th, 2015.