1. Naples (5-1): The Golden Eagles have pitched three shutouts this season and face an undefeated Palmetto Ridge team this week in a game that will more than likely decide the District 6A-12 title.
2. South Fort Myers (5-1): The Wolfpack, who open district play with Riverdale this week, held a productive Ida Baker offense to just seven points last week.
3. Palmetto Ridge (6-0):
After holding on against Immokalee last week, the Bears face their biggest test of the season on the road at Naples.
4. Fort Myers (4-2): The Green Wave appear to be headed toward another district title with 2-5 Estero standing in the way this week and 1-4 East Lee coming up on Oct. 30.
5. Barron Collier (5-2): Knocked off an impressive Gulf Coast team on the road, but faces a tricky look-ahead game with Golden Gate Friday before a rivalry game with Naples next week.
6. Dunbar (4-1): Showed some grit coming back from down 13 points to beat Island Coast last week. The Tigers face back-to-back district road games against Cypress Lake and Immokalee that could decide if they make a return to the postseason after a year absence.
7. Gulf Coast (5-2): Is idle this week before facing another improved Collier County team — Palmetto Ridge.
8. First Baptist (5-1): Disposed of previously-undefeated Community School in impressive fashion last week and is in the driver’s seat in District 2A-7.
9. Bishop Verot (5-2): Can’t afford to stub its toe in its final three district games against Mulberry, Gateway Charter and Lakeland Tenoroc.
10. Community School (5-1): Will look to rebound from its first loss of the season at Evangelical Christian this week.