1. Naples (4-1):
Has outscored opponents 221-13 since losing its opener. It hosts 1-5 Lely in the Coconut Bowl this week.
2. South Fort Myers (4-1): Defense is giving up 14.4 points per game heading into this week’s matchup with Ida Baker.
3. Palmetto Ridge (5-0): Passed its first big test last week with a 31-21 win over Barron Collier and draws Immokalee this week.
4. Fort Myers (4-2): Is idle this week after a much-needed bounce-back win over Lehigh.
5. Gulf Coast (5-1): Almost assured a playoff berth in a three-team district after a 32-14 win over Riverdale last week.
6. Dunbar (3-1): The Tigers’ only loss of the season is to South Fort Myers by three points. They host Island Coast this week.
7. Barron Collier (4-2): Showed some grit cutting an 18-point Palmetto Ridge lead to three in the fourth quarter of a loss last week. The Cougars can back on track with a win over Gulf Coast in the Catfish Bowl this week.
8. First Baptist (4-1): Has scored 40 points in two of its last three games. Friday’s showdown with Community School will go a long way in deciding the District 2A-7 champion.
9. Community School (5-0): Is scoring 36 points a game and could be in for a shootout with First Baptist this week.
10. Bishop Verot (4-2): Lost to an undefeated Avon Park team in a key district game last week and should rebound against East Lee County this week.