Taliban last month stormed Afghan city Kunduz, effectively overrunning it in their biggest triumph since 2001
RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Army rejected on Tuesday media reports in Afghan press, which claimed the country’s security officials were involved the recent capture of Kunduz city of Afghanistan by the Taliban.
“The allegations levelled by an Afghan official are totally unfounded, baseless, uncalled for and mischievous,” said an Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement.
Taliban militants last month had stormed the Afghan city Kunduz, effectively overrunning it in their biggest triumph since being ousted from national power in 2001.
Read: Taliban takeover in Kunduz echoes Islamic State rout of Mosul
The ISPR said Pakistan was supporting an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace process and condemned Kunduz attack, and such allegations were incomprehensible.
“Such accusations are not a responsible behaviour and need not be repeated in the better interest of addressing the actual threat,” the statement added.
Earlier, Pakistan said it will not accept occupation of any part of Afghanistan by any group.