1. Naples (3-1): The Golden Eagles set a record for margin of victory in the rivalry with Immokalee with a 63-7 win last week and open district play against Golden Gate this week.
2. South Fort Myers (4-1): The Wolfpack is idle this week after bouncing back from a loss to Fort Myers with a 23-20 win over a previously-undefeated Dunbar team.
3. Palmetto Ridge (4-0): Off to the best start in school history, the Bears were off last week preparing for their district opener with Barron Collier.
4. Barron Collier (4-1): Coming off a 44-0 rout of Lely, the Cougars face Palmetto Ridge in a matchup that could determine a playoff berth.
5. Fort Myers (3-2): The Green Wave celebrated the high off knocking off then-state-ranked South Fort Myers and the low of being steam-rolled by state-ranked Charlotte in back-to-back weeks. It will need to shake off the loss in time for this week’s crucial district showdown with Lehigh.
6. Dunbar (3-1): The Tigers managed just 42 yards of offense, but still pushed South Fort Myers in a 23-20 loss. They have a bye this week.
7. Gulf Coast (4-1): Thanks to playing in a three-team district, the Sharks face a must-win district game this week against Riverdale.
8. Bishop Verot (4-1): Even without standout running back William Scott, the Vikings had few problems against LaBelle last week. Avon Park, this week’s opponent, presents the biggest test for them in District 4A-6.
9. First Baptist (3-1): Hosts Marco Island Academy this week after holding off Southwest Florida Christian 14-7 last week.
10. Community School (4-0): Scored an impressive victory over state-ranked Moore Haven and is in the driver’s seat for now in District 2A-7.